Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ouch, Dammit!

I've been feeling the wave that started with stiffness and being sore.  It's been some time since I've had a  full flare.

This morning my eyes opened and I wanted to shout, "Hello Fibro!"  The temperature outside was -2 and my body hurts all over.  On a scale from 1-10, my pain is an 8.  As I pushed through the stiffness and pain, I stood to wake the kids for school.  The bottoms of my feet felt as though the bones had multiple fractures.  Hobbling about to get food and pills and the pain was joined by rolling tears.

Within an hour, I had already kicked into my 'alternate' life strategy.  This is the life strategy that I can jump (gently) into when my body isn't as mobile or healthful.  The first step was to determine if I could complete the plan for the day with the arrival of different abilities.  The next step was to create a plan for how the things I'm unable to complete will get completed.  This includes Christmas shopping.

What it comes down to is a day (or more) in bed with the heating pad.  The online work I want to complete will be done in short increments with papers strewn across the bed top.  Finally, Christmas shopping is most likely going to be done from a wheelchair pushed by my amazing and supportive husband.

Each flare gives me the opportunity to strengthen my resilience; adjusting to the changes more quickly.

Time to close the valve on the personal energy outlet.  Must reserve what is there and generate more through rest.

Thank you for reading, forwarding and following!!!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment