Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Blog's Been Hijacked

     Normally, a sensational woman by the name of Terri takes some time from her day to sit and write what I call “words of wisdom” in order to both help others who are dealing with the multitude of effects that fibro brings and help herself by (what I feel is) purging herself of the day’s events.
     Often times, she mentions that while dealing with what may come day after day, she gets help from her three beautiful children and her (her words not mine) amazing husband.
     Tonight, instead of the usual blog, allowing you to see the world through her eyes, I would like to share with you how she is seen. I believe if there were anyone who could give you some insight on this woman… the woman you have decided to follow… it would be me. I am her husband.
     First, may I say, before anything else… she is the real deal.
     I have seen first hand the lows of how hard this disease can bring her and have been there to enjoy the moments in time when she is having a “good day.”
     Being sensitive to a multitude of medications, I have been there on numerous rides to the hospital because her breathing was labored, her throat would not allow her to swallow or her blood pressure would drop incredibly low.
     I have watched her cry in pain while her swollen feet and stiffened legs made it nearly impossible to get through her morning knowing her only comfort would be wrapped up in a cozy comforter while regaining her strength in our bed.
     I could go on rehashing the stories of what you’ve already heard from Terri but instead, I would like to touch on the soul within the body.
     How this woman knows no defeat.
     How this woman gives everything she can, every day. Even on the tough ones.
     How this woman is a true inspiration to anyone who actually takes the time to sit and talk with her and get to know her.
     I’ve truly never met a person who has had life challenge her in so many different ways and who will simply not allow a giving up attitude to happen.
     I think one of the reasons I found her so perfect for me so long ago and still today has to do with my love for the movie “Rocky” and the sequels that followed. Anyone who knows me knows how these movies has affected my life from the time I was a young child.
     Terri has that FIGHT in her. She always has that FIGHT in her. A partial quote from the last movie is, “It’s not about how hard you can hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”

     She could have written those lines.
     Through it all, she could have decided to fight the good fight and take a bitter look at the world. She could have looked at life with a why me attitude or I’ll just push on because I have to mentality.
     Not my wife.
     Every day, I hear of some plan or idea to help the environment or a better way to live on this planet. She pours herself into online classes and talks with others who are trying to make a difference in this world. She creates tasks for each upcoming day. All while knowing that that next day may bring a change to the chalk writing on the blackboard in her mind. The next day may erase half of what she has written or even clean the board entirely.
     But she picks up the chalk and writes out a plan or lesson for the very next day.
     Her endless need to be there for her children is an incredible sight to see. No matter how she feels… even with those swollen feet… she will get them ready for school and drive them there in the morning. Help them with all kinds of paperwork even if it means doing it from bed. Teaches them to be good, peaceful and loving beings without an inkling of look at what this world has done to me. It’s always about what can you do in this world.
     I talk with my wife all the time and I know of no one who can give better advice or a good kick in the butt when I need it.
     She is a woman of passion, drive and intellect. But most of all, she is all that is good in the world. A beautiful soul. And believe me, you have found the right blog to follow.
     I’ve read every one too.

Thank you for reading, following and forwarding!!!
Ray


No comments:

Post a Comment