Saturday, October 12, 2013

Your Story is Your Evolution


I was listening to the great futurist, Barbara Marx Hubbard, today.  In an interview she said, "Your story is your evolution".  I was so struck by this statement and I thought, this is what I write about.  This is the message I've been typing into my computer almost every day.  I tell my story, not to say that I have a better story, or that mine is more traumatic than someone else's or even to get recognition for what I've been through.  I share because each post links together to make the whole of my evolution.  I share this as an example of how, within the story, there's growth.

Whether we like it or not, we are growing every day.  Right down to our cells regenerating every day.  If you think about it, we are not in the same body we were in when we were 10 years old.  That kind of thinking blows my mind.  Before I received that little nugget of perception, I never questioned whether or not I was in the same body.  In order for the body to grow into adulthood from the newborn, we must shed and regrow cells.  It all sounds very sic-fi...mostly because I never really thought about it.
Our cells, minds, actions, and thoughts all evolve.

With the knowledge of this ongoing evolution happening in us, around us and through us, we can then decide if we want to be a passive participant in this change or if we want to be active.  An active participant can decide if there will be joy or sadness, learning or zoning out, and even love or hatred.  We've heard the term co-creator and this is what it's all about.

The details of your story are different from mine but the essence of our experiences have brought us to where we are now.  Not one is any better than another.  Each experience has a purpose and we can use what we learn to be an active part of our personal evolution.  Once we all realize that we can be actively involved in how the future unfolds, we are empowered to look ahead instead of living in the past.

I once produced and hosted a talk show called, Divine Time.  The premise of this program was to hear the guests' stories.  I asked about how they got to where they are now from where they were.  I am fascinated by how people live and react in the world as well as the resilience and ingenuity of the human race.

I want you to know that I think your story is amazing.  You're a courageous person for moving through the good times and the struggles.  Keep up the good 'evolution'.

Thank you for reading, forwarding and following!!!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment