Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What It All Comes Down To

The last four days have been physically challenging and when my body is challenged, it effects my moods, energy and thoughts.  With a keen awareness of the subtle shifts in those three areas, I do my best to gently self correct.  Today was especially difficult.  My sense of inner direction was obviously low on batteries because exercise, changing my thoughts and extra rest were not soothing the irritability.  The last resort was to make a call to my doctor and go in for some treatment.

Through the tornado of the morning, my husband held tight.  Once I made my appointment to get some help, I could see the relief in his windblown look.  This wonderful man jumped into action taking on my 'must-do' list and making sure there was healthy food waiting for me when I got back.  He also did the triplet shuffle (car pooling the kids here, there and everywhere) at the end of the day.

When the kids got home, my middle girl crawled into bed next to me, snuggled in and told me about
her day.  It was comforting to hear her excitement and be let into the mysterious world of a teen.

My other two angels popped their heads in the doorway and said hi.  Their bright eyes and beautiful smiles took me away from the discomfort I was having.

I'm grateful for my wonderful husband, Ray, who often reminds me through words and actions that, "we're in this together".  I feel blessed by the compassion of each of my thirteen year old children.  I am incredibly appreciative that they chose me to be part of their family.

Through pain, irritation, impatience, self judgement and exhaustion, there's gratitude, appreciation, blessings, angels, and love.

What it all comes down to is LOVE!

I love my family with every part of my being!

Thank you for reading, forwarding and following!!!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment