Tuesday, June 25, 2013

There Must Be Some Storms on the Horizon

I don't need a weather forecast or an app with the next ten days of weather predictions.  My body tells me what's coming.

It was a beautiful, sunny day yesterday and usually those days bring me energy.  On sunny and warm days, I'm more productive.  My brain fog gives me a break and I feel more like myself again.  But yesterday, I struggled with exhaustion.  I was in Boston while the kids were at acting camp and instead of driving back and forth, I decided I'd just stay in Boston for the four hours they have camp.  Although, I found a nice coffee shop with free wi-fi, I struggled to keep my eyes open.  I thought about trying to nap in the car because my body just needed to lay down.  I pushed through, but by the time I got everyone home, I was toast.  My body was screaming and I had no choice but to listen.  It was 5pm and I laid down in bed.  At 10pm the kids came to say 'goodnight', and I slept right through until 6 in the morning.  My husband told me there were storms through the evening, but I have no recollection of them.

Today was a similar day with being in Boston while the kids were at camp.  I thought that if I took a slow walk by the Charles River, it may give me a little energy.  Well, my legs decided to become overcooked pasta.  It was difficult to walk, so I sat on a bench in the shade for just a few minutes until my fibro pain was too much too handle on the hard bench.  Back to the car I went.

All day, I've been rubbing my hands.  My fingers and wrists have been aching.  Picking up a bottle of water sent shooting pains up my arm.  I can feel the pressure in the air change and become heavier.  Thinking becomes slower and my shoulders and head feel as though I'm wearing sand bag earrings.

The thicker and heavier the air gets, the more pressure I feel.  As the pressure rises, so do my emotions. It's a bit like having PMS during every thunderstorm, ice storm or snow storm.  It sounds so simple to just remind myself that the storm will pass, but in the midst of the spinning tornado, it's a challenge to focus on being grounded.

As I sit here and write, I can hear the rain, the sky is lighting up with flashes and loud crashing thunder is rolling through.

My eyes are heavy and just want to close for another 13 hours, but I know that I need a bit a food and rest to take care of myself.  Maybe even a nice candle and pleasant show to watch.  More blessings are on their way and tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for reading, forwarding and following my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment